Character 4 star holiday cottages near Bakewell and Chatsworth
“At the heart of the Peak District National Park, Longstone Holiday Cottages offer peace and tranquillity in a beautiful setting” Our cottages lie on the edge of the small village of Little Longstone in the heart of the Derbyshire Peak District close to Bakewell and Chatsworth. Sleeping 2/4/6 the 3 owner supervised stone cottages can sleep up to 12 guests if booked together. They are ideal for couples, friends getting together or family gatherings
Two recommended pubs serving excellent home made food and local beers just 5 minutes walk away. Miles of varied walks from the door with the added bonus for walkers and cyclists of the traffic free Monsal Trail close by. Come home to a real fire at the end of a perfect day…. Quality accommodation, great value – the ideal choice all year round!
The Lodge (3 bedrooms sleeping up to 6)Lodge Holiday Cottage
- Detached stone cottage
- French windows opening onto sheltered south facing?garden with outstanding views.
Dove Cottage (sleeps 4)Dove Holiday Cottage
- Character stone cottage recently refurbished
- Light and airy kitchen/dining area
- beamed lounge
- cottage garden
Chatsworth Cottage (sleeps 2 kingsize/2 singles)Chatsworth Holiday Cottage
- Newly converted, open plan living area
- impressive spiral staircase to large bedroom
- French windows to garden
All our cottages have WIFI, gas central heating, woodburners and off-road parking. All the ingredients for a perfect break any time of the year. One well behaved pet allowed in each cottage for additional charge – see terms and conditions for pet owners on booking page. We can also provide a secure bike shed and maintenance facilities for bikes. Cycling is a great way to see the area especially with the Monsal Trail being on the doorstep.
- Lots to do a different walk/activity every day of your stay and friendly, knowledgeable owners who can provide tips on the best places to visit
- Stately homes all the grandeur of Chatsworth, home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, or the medieval charm of Haddon Hall, both within 15 minutes drive
- Ideal central location which is hard to beat for visiting the many sights and attractions of the Peak District
- Culture – Buxton Festival and Opera House, Sheffield and Manchester theatres, museums and galleries
- Local events like Bakewell Show, Chatsworth Country Fair or village well dressings
- A welcome local treat or Annie’s homemade scones
- Special Treats can also be arranged for you to make your holiday more enjoyable.
- Choice of weekly bookings or short breaks.