Character holiday cottages near Bakewell & Chatsworth
“At the heart of the Peak District National Park, Longstone Holiday Cottages offer peace and tranquillity in a beautiful setting.” Our cottages lie on the edge of the small village of Little Longstone in the heart of the Derbyshire Peak District close to Bakewell and Chatsworth. Sleeping 2/4/6 the 3 owner supervised stone cottages can sleep up to 12 guests if booked together. They are ideal for couples, friends getting together or family gatherings.
A Relaxing Break With Lots to do
Two recommended pubs serving excellent home made food and local beers just 5 minutes walk away. Miles of varied walks from the door with the added bonus for walkers and cyclists of the traffic free Monsal Trail close by. Come home to a real fire at the end of a perfect day…. Quality accommodation, great value – the ideal choice all year round!
Everything you need for a perfect stay
All our cottages have WIFI, gas central heating, woodburners and off-road parking. All the ingredients for a perfect break any time of the year. One well behaved pet allowed in 2 of our cottages for additional charge – see terms and conditions for pet owners on booking page. We can also provide a bike shed for bikes. Cycling is a great way to see the area especially with the Monsal Trail being on the doorstep.
- Lots to do a different walk/activity every day of your stay and friendly, knowledgeable owners who can provide tips on the best places to visit.
- Stately homes – all the grandeur of Chatsworth, home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire, or the medieval charm of Haddon Hall, both within 15 minutes drive
- Ideal central location which is hard to beat for visiting the many sights and attractions of the Peak District
- Culture – Buxton Festival and Opera House, Sheffield and Manchester theatres, museums and galleries
- Local events like Chatsworth Country Fair or village well dressings
- Annie’s home baking as a treat
- Special treats can also be arranged for you to make your holiday more enjoyable.
- Choice of weekly bookings or short breaks.
visited The Lodge
Lovely house, beautiful views, super kingsize bed was really comfy and house was spotless. Annie was a very helpful host and gave lots of tips on restaurants and walks. Would highly recommend.